"Corkyjon it seem to me that you speculate in the negative; the best thing that we can do for ourselves is to let Obama care play itself out. It's meant to work by getting all the uninsured to get coverage or suffer a penalty id they don't, and to offer coverage despite pre-existing conditions, Sounds good . . . will it do what's expected of the program ? that's to be seen"
What I never see mentioned or discussed by these individuals is the consequences or aftereffects of giving it a shot. They make it sound like giving it a shot is a free sample. That is not in anyway accurate. If it doesn't work we are looking at:
- Hundreds of billions (if not trillions) of additional debt.
- Individuals being kicked off insurance with no place to go
- Employers having exited the market and possibly not willing or able to get back in
- Shopping habits and expectations for insurance altered
- Carriers having exited the market and possibly never returning